Labels

tools (7) programming (5) cluj (4) misc (4) rails (4) productivity (3) startups (3) internet (2) meetup (2) software (2) emberjs (1) hack (1) science (1) zencash (1)

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A faster and more fun way of drawing diagrams

If you're like me, you don't like dragging and dropping items to make UML diagrams. On the other hand, although I'm a complete anti-talent at drawing, I find it helpful to sketch and map out things. I always take hand written notes even if it would be more comfortable simply to type things in a text editor of choice. I like to repeat in my head and visualize the sentences I'm tackling. Things seem to settle down better. Coming back to the topic:

You can get to this:


Just by typing this:
Mind->Body: sleep(6.5h)
    alt onWakeup
        Body->Mind: setEyesFeeling(TIRED)
        Mind->Body: snooze(10m)
            loop rand(1,9) times
                Body->Clock: press(snooze)
        end
    end

Link: http://www.websequencediagrams.com/

What do you think?